Accelerate Your Path to a Paralegal Career
Online Paralegal Studies Certificate Program
Boston University is dedicated to its mission of providing accessible programs that encourage professional development and meet exacting standards of academic excellence. As part of that goal, BU is proud to offer the fully online Paralegal Studies Program—a focused, convenient way to develop the skills necessary to excel and gain a certificate that gives you a competitive edge in your paralegal career search.
Pairing academic rigor with the convenience of online learning, Boston University’s online paralegal certificate program features a curriculum that’s both comprehensive and flexible. This non-credit certificate consists of modules that explore everything from the technology and tools used by paralegals in the field to the nuances of popular areas of law. The paralegal coursework offers aspiring paralegals the chance to develop the specific professional know-how that employers are seeking. Those already in the field can also benefit by learning new foundational legal knowledge and further developing their research and writing skills.
Online Paralegal Studies Certificate Program Benefits
The online paralegal certificate program offers a number of distinct benefits to its students, including:
- Interaction with BU instructors—each of them practicing attorneys who bring their expertise into the classroom
- An all-inclusive, affordable price
- An intensive course of study that is completed in 14 weeks
- A unique technology module that provides hands-on experience in the latest software utilized by paralegals
- Access to a community of peers in the field to help students expand their professional network
- The ability to complete the paralegal program from anywhere in a convenient online format
To learn more about the online Paralegal Studies Program, contact an Enrollment Advisor at (888) 700-3966 or fill out the form below to download a free brochure.
Boston University respects your right to privacy. By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails and calls from a representative of Boston University, which may include the use of automated technology. Consent is needed to contact you, but is not a requirement to register or enroll.
Online Paralegal Studies Certificate Coursework
The online Paralegal Studies Program consists of seven, two-week modules that make up the fundamental coursework. The paralegal certificate can be earned in fourteen weeks upon the successful completion of these modules:
- Legal Research
- Legal Writing and Reasoning
- Legal Technologies
- Real Estate Law
- Business Law
- Probate and Family Law
View full course descriptions on the curriculum page.
Watch Our Recent Webinar
Become a Paralegal: Setting Yourself Up for Success in a High-demand Profession
- The essential job functions performed by paralegals
- Paralegal hiring trends
- Transitioning into the field
- What to look for in an online paralegal certificate program