Certificate Program Overview
Boston University’s online Paralegal Studies Certificate Program covers the essential professional competencies required in the paralegal field, including the effective use of technological tools and databases that paralegals use on a regular basis. Over the course of BU’s paralegal program, students are introduced to the practices that form the backbone of the industry, developing their knowledge of advanced research techniques and the fundamentals of legal writing. Additionally, the certificate program explores specific areas of law to prepare students for a variety of in-demand legal settings, including:
- Real Estate Law
- Business Law
- Probate and Family Law
- Legal Technologies
- Legal Writing and Reasoning
- Legal Research
The coursework, a series of seven, two-week-long modules, closely examines the areas of the legal field that are most essential to the daily functions of a paralegal. Through advanced case studies, discussion board participation, detailed assessments, and regular, hands-on assignments, students can examine the nuances of the law through Boston University’s online paralegal certificate program.
Who Should Enroll?
The online Paralegal Studies Program offers students an opportunity to build on existing skills or set the framework for expansion into an entirely new career path. It is a perfect fit for students from a wide variety of backgrounds, including:
- Individuals with an undergraduate degree in another discipline who would like to change their current career path and pursue a job as a paralegal
- Professionals in administrative positions within the legal field (secretary, clerk, etc.) that might be looking to move up in their career
- Paralegals who would like to update their skills or earn an advanced certificate from a prestigious, nationally recognized institution
- Recent college graduates considering law school
- International students — see our International Students page for more details.
Explore the Online Paralegal Certificate Program
- Explore the robust set of paralegal courses designed to prepare students with up-to-date, dynamic skills for a successful paralegal career.
- Do you have what it takes to become a paralegal? View the program requirements.
- Meet the online paralegal certificate program instructors who are all practicing attorneys.
- Hear from past students on how this online paralegal certificate program helped them to achieve their career goals.
- Questions or concerns? Visit our FAQ page or contact an enrollment advisor.
To learn more about the online Paralegal Studies Program, contact an Enrollment Advisor at (888) 700-3966 or fill out the form below to download a free brochure.
Boston University respects your right to privacy. By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails and calls from a representative of Boston University, which may include the use of automated technology. Consent is needed to contact you, but is not a requirement to register or enroll.